The Shepton Mallet Town Council is effectively managed, using public money in an efficient way to deliver quality services.
The Town Council will support our partners to develop cleaner, safer streets that allow the Town to deepen and strengthen civic pride.
The Town Council will support and develop the quality of life of residents of Shepton through support for cultural events and community groups.
Shepton Mallet Town Council is committed to enhancing the quality of life for townspeople; it will deliver recreational facilities, such as Collett Park and allotments.
The Town Council will work in partnership with the principal Local Authorities to regenerate the Town and work with local businesses, community and voluntary groups to deliver a better Shepton.
- Quality office support, to help Sheptonians with appropriate advice and signpost
- Comment on Planning and Licencing Applications
- Collett Park (including public toilets); maintain and enhance a quality Park
- Support community groups with grants
- Maintain some historic monuments and Town Clock
- Support CCTV
- Monitor footpaths
- Christmas lights and some floral displays
- Grants for regeneration schemes
Other purposes, functions and services of the Town Council include:
- Schedule of Town Council meetings
- Offices and Staff of the Town Council
- Agendas and minutes
- Members and Terms of Reference of the Town Council
- Annual Reports
- Orders and Publications
Information on all of the above can be accessed throughout this website.